09 February 2011

iPhone 4 Photography Apps

The iPhone 4 is also a very good camera – 5 megapixels and most important small, light weight and I carry it always with me!

Here is my list of photography apps which I use to take awesome photos:

ProCamera_new_icon_large
ProCamera
ProCamera replaces the standard Camera app on my iPhone for the following reasons:

  • Faster startup
    ProCamera loads much faster when you exit the app and re-open it.
  • Expert Mode
    You can set the focus point and exposure point on two different areas on the photo. In the standard Camera app the focus point is also used to determine the exposure. This is not always desirable.
  • Virtual Horizon
    Helps you to keep the horizon level in your photos.
  • Anti-Shake system
    ProCamera takes the photo will take the picture when you hold your iPhone still.

pro hdr
Pro HDR
I use Pro HDR to take photos with an increased dynamic range. Photos with extreme light/dark situations look much better when taken with Pro HDR. Pro HDR lets me tweak the end result, the HDR mode of the standard Camera app does not allow this.

app flickr
Flickr
This is the official Flickr app. Good to do a quick upload, or to set the privacy level of a photo.

flickstackr
FlickStackr
I use FlickStackr to do some serious browsing through Flickr photos. Automatic caching of photos makes this app much faster then the official Flickr App.

photo wallet
Photo Wallet
I use Photo Wallet to download my Flickr photos on my iPhone. I can show the photos without being connected to the Internet.

tpe_01_logo
The Photographers Ephemeris for iOS
The Photographer's Ephemeris (TPE) is a handy app to determine when and were the sun will come up and where it will set. I use this to plan my arrival times at locations where I want to shoot photos. There is also a free Windows version. I wrote about this version in my blog post ‘Sunrise and Sunset For (Landscape) Photographers’.

360pano
360 Pano
360 Pano creates panoramas in real time. Just start up the app, pan around and save the results. I got some pretty good panoramas with this.

Jongmyo Shrine Panorama

Panorama of Jongmyo Shrine in Seoul, South Korea taken with 360 Pano
Click here to see a larger version.

psexpress
Photoshop Express
I use Photoshop Express for those pesky photos which are rotated with the wrong side up when viewed, or to do a quick crop.

Instagram-App
Instagram
Fast and fun way to share photos.




No comments:

Post a Comment